Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Comic Relief

The other day I was helping a friend set up internet access for an internet cafe he is trying to open. After spending all day working with him, I obviously had to be invited for lunch. Unfortunately finding spoons can sometimes be a problem, so I had to eat with my hands. At first, I did not think this would be a problem, but apparently I am a little out of practice at using my right hand to eat. Two bites in my friend turns to me and says, "You eat like a small African child!" I know this would be easier to visualize with pictures, but as Sarah said our camera has seen better days. In case you are curious and want to know how to eat like a small African child I would suggest following these steps: 1. Grab food in your right hand and try and squish it into a ball. 2. Fail miserably at balling your food and have a hand full of rice spread out over your palm and not in an easy to eat ball. 3. In order to protect your clothes raise hand up and tilt head back and then try and quickly place the food in your wide open mouth. 4. Smile to yourself because you successfully got lunch into your mouth without getting half of it all over your clothes. If you successfully follow all of these steps (even better if you fail at step 4) you will be eating like a small African child. If, on the other hand, you would like to eat like an adult African you should follow these directions: 1. Grab food in your right hand and successfully turn it into a compact ball. 2. Turn hand almost vertical and magically keep your food from falling to the ground. 3. Lick ball of food off your hand. If you can manage these seemingly simple steps, you will be able to do something I cannot do, and eat like an adult African. Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very descriptive and amusing

Salina said...

Awesome post. I really enjoy reading your stuff. Now Foods