Saturday, May 30, 2009

Me too Me too!

So a couple weeks ago when Sarah first posted she laid down the law...we have to alternate posts so I can't take credit for all the quality blogging that she is waiting to unleash on the world and my family and friends will not be wondering what happened to me and why they never see me write on our blog. This is unfortunate for me cause well it means I have to actually contribute something useful and double unfortunate for you cause it will probably result in less frequent updates. If you are missing your fix from us - blame me.

So go me here is my first post...now Sarah can post again!

More importantly, a lot has changed in the past week. I left my job at CARE, which has been an absolutely amazing experience and I really can't think of somethign else I would rather have been doing the past year. Also, five years after I first moved down to Atlanta, I left. I definitely will not miss the heat and humidity of Atlanta or the pollen, but I will 100% miss all our friends - so to everyone in Atlanta - don't be a stranger! Finally, going on two years after I first started working on my thesis - I think we are about ready to submit it for a second time. If you ever wanted to know more about the relationship between juvenile crime and the laws transferring juveniles to the adult criminal system - I am your man.

Anyways, now I am in Milwaukee for the midwestern good bye tour - wedding this weekend in Madison and then friends in Chicago and friends and family in Milwaukee and then back to DC for the last few days before we make our way to Africa.